PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fresh installation of Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander)

vinayss
November 16th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Hello folks,

I've been using Ubuntu since 2009 though I joined the forum today. I installed Ubuntu 8.10(Interpid Ibex) on my Lenovo laptop by CD and wiped Windows XP from the hard disk. I consistently upgraded Ubuntu(last upgrade was Ubuntu 12.04 - precise pangolin) until the laptop was too old and I had to stop using it.

I bought a new HP 110-025il Desktop PC(Core i3-3240T CPU, 4 GB DDR3 RAM) and installed 64 bit version of Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) one month ago. Default OS was DOS but I wiped it from the hard disk.

I haven't stored any file on my hard disk and also don't want to upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 by using software updater. I want to install 64 bit version of Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) by DVD.

I want to ask that how can I remove Ubuntu 13.04 from my hard disk? I currently don't have any files to back up and also don't want to use Windows. Kindly tell me if there is any option of wiping Ubuntu 13.04 by using DVD of Ubuntu 13.10. If I need to do anything else then tell me that too.

Thanks in advance :)

Frogs Hair
November 16th, 2013, 11:04 PM
You can install/overwrite in the same partition or use the entire disk from the something else installation option.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/install-desktop-latest

mörgæs
November 17th, 2013, 02:26 AM
If you want to get the old laptop running again you could try the link in my signature.