PDA

View Full Version : Why do you have to manually launch ubuntuone in Lubuntu 13.10

Blix775
November 16th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Ubuntuone is not starting up at boot time and I have to fire it up and enter my password for the keyring. I would like to know how to make it start up at boot time and (if possible) how do I make it so I don't have to enter the keyring password. Also, is there a way to be able to mount any partition without having to enter a password. I'm pretty sure this last thing is done for security but it is rather bothersome.

Edit: I am using Lubuntu 13.10 btw.

Frogs Hair
November 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM
On my Ubuntu installation there is connect/disconnect tab and the user remains logged in until disconnect is selected . The GUI doesn't open at start, but file sync is active and the program is not required to be added to startup applications on Ubuntu .

There was an email sent to Ubuntu One users this past week with instructions for users experiencing logout if this is a recent problem it may be related.

Blix775
November 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yes, but in previous versions, the program would start at boot time and just ask you to enter the keyring password. Now it doesn't start at boot time. The connect button is also present in Lubuntu but when you turn off your computer it doesn't remain that way. I got the email and did what it asked me to. That is a different problem.

boxall
December 11th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. Nothing happens in the background until I start Ubuntu One manually.

"Connect automatically when computer starts" is selected under the settings tab in the Ubuntu One preferences programme.

boxall
December 11th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Any links to the solution would be gratfully acceptyed. I have tried to google for it, but this thread was all I have found