PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu + gnome 3.10 messes the input methods

tushlekovgeorgi
November 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hi, i've been using ubuntu for few years now. I must say I do a lot of experimenting /mostly by testing and using ubuntu based operational systems/. Last day I decided to move back to Ubuntu and installed the 13.10 version. However I did not like the unity desktop so I installed Gnome shell 3.8, but then I saw that the 3.10 version of gnome shell is out so I upgreated it to 3.10. It works just fine, but there is one bug, that makes me go mad, because I cannot fix it.
So after the installation of gnome 3.10 in unity my cursor goes transperant, I cannot see it. Its not a big deal since I wont use unity anyway. The problem comes next. I found that after few changes of the keyboard layout it bugs. I mean I'm using Bulgarian and English imput methods. When I change them several times- the english starts to use bulgarian /cyrilic/ letters, like its phonetic ??????:) Then I can switch back to traditional bulgarian imput method, but if I try to switch to english again - it still uses the cyrilic letters. So what I have to do is to restart the pc and the problem is gonе... until I start to change the imput methods again.. :(
Im sorry for my egnlish, its not good enought, but I hope you understand me. If you need I can upload some screenshots to see the problem :popcorn: