PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling Ubuntu

nullqwerty
November 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Hey folks,

I have a Dell laptop that came Windows 7 on it. It was the type that didn't come with any disks and instead had a hidden partition for recovery and restore options, which you can get to by hitting F8 on boot up. Anyway, I installed Ubuntu 13.04 on it and enjoy it. I did it as a multi-boot install keeping my Windows 7 intact, but I resized the windows partition during install to get some of the space and give it to Ubuntu.

Unfortunately I've encountered a hardware problem. Luckily I bought an extended warranty with Best Buy Geek Squad that's still valid, but I've read a few stories on the net where Best Buy refused to honor the warranty if the user also installed Ubuntu. So, I want to remove it and restore it back to original, which would include any partition changes. What's the best way I go about this? Something that will remove the bootup options asking me which OS to load and something that will remove the Linux partitions and restore the Windows partitions to their original size?

Thanks!

heir4c
November 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Maybe this link will help you (look on the right column):
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/grub

nullqwerty
November 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks! I saw things similar to that. What I'm not sure of is will it return it to OEM state. Like Dell puts their recovery in a partition and has the whole F8 key thing. Will doing those types of tasks kill what Dell had done?

heir4c
November 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I don't think so.
Sorry that I can't help you further. I don't use Windows, so I don't have to use the things in the link.
I hope Pjotr123 (owner of the site) or someone else can help you answer this.