PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] gedit, synaptic, k4dirstat all resist themeing of the ui in 13.10 Saucy.

Dreamer Fithp Apprentice
November 14th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Full disclosure:
This is not under full Lubuntu, but I tagged it that way because it IS under Openbox & I figure the Lubuntu users are more likely as a group to understand Openbox, though technically this is Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy with Openbox and a few, not all, lxde components.

Several aps, k4dirstat, gedit, and synaptic (in that order of importance to me) come to mind, resist all my efforts to theme them. qtconfig at the command line results in a file not found message but the presumably correct target isn't hard to find. It's in qt4 instead of qt5. Still doesn't help, so maybe it isn't the correct target even though it has the correct name. I have no problem with this in a somewhat lighter version of this system under Precise.

Any ideas?
--------------------
Correction added by edit an hour later:

I'm guilty of ASSUMING the problem with k4dirstat (which I just installed) was the same as the problem with gedit and synaptic (which is longstanding) because it LOOKED the same and didn't respond to anything I did. I was mistaken. I neglected to try one thing. /me shuffles feet and looks down in embarassment. Rebooting. Clearly at least one of the dozen or so things I did had some effect because k4dirstat is now at least partially responding to my efforts. The worst part, off white on a sligltly more off white in the main text area, hasn't changed, but now that I know it WILL respond I bet I can track the numbers to change on that. Everything I said about gedit or synaptic still goes though.