PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Themes and graphical effect in Ubuntu 13.10

Mx88
November 13th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Friends I am new in Ubuntu, how can I install new themes? and how to do graphical effect in desktop, menu and folders... is there any animated theme that I can install ubuntu or can i design my ubuntu desktop by my self??? :confused:

3rdalbum
November 13th, 2013, 12:50 PM
www.gnome-look.org has themes. You'll generally want to look for Metacity and GTK-3 themes; Metacity is the window borders and GTK governs the look of buttons, popup menus, etc.

You can install them through Gnome Tweak Tool which is available in Ubuntu Software Center. Certain themes might have their own install script or install instructions.

There are no "animated" themes, GTK and Metacity don't support it. You can change the amount of time it takes to fade in/out windows and menus by tweaking around with Compizconfig Settings Manager, but I highly recommend leaving it alone until you have several years Linux experience. If you touch the wrong thing you can easily break your desktop and cause it to stop working.

Frogs Hair
November 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM
The Compiz Configuration Settings manager from software- center includes various desktop effects. The CCSM may break the desktop and unless you take the time to learn how to fix it you may want to hold off before experimenting with it. The CCSM also has some practical useful effects combined with resource hogging eye candy.