PDA

View Full Version : conversations with the help line on NHL Gamecenter

cactus john
November 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ok, spent some $$ so that I could watch my Boston Bruins reign supreme this year ( possible Cup run, maybe ) and signed up for NHL Gamecenter a few days ago.
Works great on my iPhone, and one 'puter that I dual boot with Win 7. ( Worked on 7, not ubuntu..)
Numerous attempts at it on my 3 Ubuntu computers without success.
Called the help line yesterday..."bla, bla bla, try this, try that" was the recording that proceeded conversing w/ a human.
Human answers and asks what the problem is. He asks if I tried this, or tried that... I told him that I didn't understand what he's talking about ( I'm not a computer guy..used Ubuntu for around 1.5 yrs and still learning daily, advanced noob kinda, so not real keen on all the tech terms...yet. )
He asked what system I'm using.."Linux" I said.
crickets crickets

"Oh"
He then says.." Ok, I don't believe the crap you don't understand, you're a Linux user, c'mon now..."
He asked what flavor and I told him the big U 13.10.
A few laughs and we ended the conversation.
He never did explain anything to me and didn't believe me when I told him I didn't understand.
( I did manage to figure it out as it must be a problem w/ pepperflash in Chrome..worked perfectly in FF and Chromium ( and Opera )

Oh well...life as a misunderstood Ubuntu noob.;)

deadflowr
November 10th, 2013, 11:46 PM
He never did explain anything to me

It seems his strategy was successful then.:p

cactus john
November 11th, 2013, 02:55 AM
It seems his strategy was successful then.:p

lol, yeah..I guess you could say that.
he was a teacher... a teacher of figure it out yourself smarty Linux guy, to which I did.

One more day, and another thing I have learned 'bout this great OS