PDA

View Full Version : gnome-tweak-tool crashes after a few seconds

miceagol
November 8th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Running gnome-tweak-tools, I'm able to use it for maybe 10-20 seconds before it crashes with the following error.

michael@totoro:~$ gnome-tweak-tool
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"

(gnome-tweak-tool:20757): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 190: Element 'span' was closed, but the currently open element is 'alt'
INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.nautilus.desktop (key computer-icon-visible)

(gnome-tweak-tool:20757): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 190: Element 'span' was closed, but the currently open element is 'alt'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't get segfault with any other programs, so I don't think it's a ram issue. Any suggestions to solutions?

Frogs Hair
November 8th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I found and old bug report and the seg falt was due to a missing dependency . There is a newer bug report but it is for the Gnome 3 Team PPA. You could try re-installing.
sudo apt-get install --reinstall gnome-tweak-tool

miceagol
November 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Tried, but didn't help. Still crashes. :-/

Frogs Hair
November 18th, 2013, 07:32 PM
See if this bug report is applicable: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1235902

miceagol
November 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hmm, it's similar, but not the same. I don't need to trigger anything for gnome-tweak-tools to crash. I just open it, leave it for 30-40 seconds, and it crashes with the above error.