PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 13.04 Broken due to NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300

hugheyst
November 7th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I upgraded today to 13.04, but my NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 graphics card didn't want to play nice with the Unity desktop - actually, the panels and window borders fail to appear, and any attempt to make them appear fails. With the impossible hope of having a usable machine, I installed xubuntu-desktop, but my dual monitor setup was unrecognized by the OS. I then made the mistake of trying to upgrade my NVIDIA drivers from 173 to 3xx.

Currently, when I boot my machine, it notifies me that it's in low-graphics mode. I am able to boot into a desktop environment, but I'm only getting 640x480 resolution, and I cannot change this in the settings manager. Even the refresh rate is restricted to a single '0 Hz' option, which is obviously absurd. Both monitors are mirroring each other. I have tried reinstalling the 173 drivers from NVIDIA, but I can't get the install script to recognize my kernel source, even when I explicitly pass the kernel source path through the proper flag.

Is there anyone out there who is able and willing to help me solve this issue?

heir4c
November 8th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Open Systemsettings and choose 'Details'. What is there next to "Graphics"?
Open via the 'Dash' the program "Software&Updates" and click on the last Tab. (now there is a search for drivers) What are the drivers you can use?