PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Battery Indicator in Panel Disappeared

mathiashu
November 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hi. Today, not sure when, my battery indicator on the panel magically disappeared. This also happened when I was using XFCE (on Xubuntu). I installed the OS today, so I'm not sure what happened. I haven't customized it at all because I like the way it looks by default. Here's how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/YH7TupT.png. The only battery indicator I can find in the preferences is this: http://i.imgur.com/Xfo41Lq.png. How can I get the default battery indicator back? Thanks in advantage.

Rex Bouwense
November 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Navigate to Main Menu->Preferences->Power Manager. Under General Options, choose Always show icon. Then close. Not sure if you have to relaunch the LXPanel, but if you do just enter

lxpanelctl restart
in terminal or reboot the computer. That should do it for you.

mathiashu
November 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much! I just clicked on Power Manager, then I clicked run, and now it's back! Thanks again!

Rex Bouwense
November 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Great. Just make sure that you have Always show icon as your option other wise after you reboot or restart it may revert.

mathiashu
November 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Now I have another problem, every time I shutdown the computer it will dissappear again next time I start it, even though I have Always show Icon enabled. Any ideas?

newbasford
December 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Now I have another problem, every time I shutdown the computer it will dissappear again next time I start it, even though I have Always show Icon enabled. Any ideas?

There is a new feature in 13.10 to autostart gizmos like this. From the Menu go to Preferences - Default applications for LXsession. Then click the tab 'Autostart'. In the box next to '+Add' type "xfce4-power-manager" (without the quotes) and then click the +Add button. Then you can just close it down - there's no save button or anything. You can open it up again if you want to check its still there.

(this is also a good place to turn off trackpad tapping by similarly adding "synclient MaxTapTime=0" if you want)

Next time you boot the lovely battery icon will be where it should be.