PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Screens has Dual Launchers and What happened to the Workspace Switcher

rcaca0
November 7th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Hello, I am running Ubuntu LTS 12.04 on my main computer which has dual monitors. I recently upgraded from the last LTS. I noticed on this version that I have dual launchers (ie a launcher on each monitor). I also noticed that when my mouse is going between screens the mouse pointer stops where the second laucher is currently located. I went into the settings to see if I could remove the launcher on the second screen but it only allowed me to auto hide it and it still has the launcher on both screens. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the launcher off the second monitor?

I am running Nvidia GeForce 9500GT (01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation G96 [GeForce 9500 GT] [10de:0640] (rev a1))
I am running Nvidia accelerated graphic driver (version 304), this driver is listed as Propietary.

Something else I noticed, I cannot open two sessions of firefox on my computer (ie have two open, one while I was typing this and the second one on the other screen to search the internet). Is there a way to fix this without installing another browser?

One other question, I noticed on the latest version of Ubuntu (13.04) (I have it installed on one of my laptops), I noticed the Workspace Switcher is no loner available. Is there a way to add it to the launcher?

Thanks,
R

rcaca0
November 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Anybody have any ideas?

jp734
November 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
So r u having a mirrored screen? Do you have a xorg.conf file?

grahammechanical
November 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
For Workplace Switcher in 13.04 and onward go to System Settings>Appearance>Behavior tab and tick the box called Enable Workplaces. With 13.04 we do not need to install Compiz Configuration Settings Manager in order to reduce the size of the Launcher icons. That function is also in the Appearance utility.Regards.

germanix
November 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I am using Ubuntu 13.10 and here when I go to "systemSettings" and then "Displays" I can choose on which monitor I want to have the launcher. Not sure if 12.04 gives this option.