PDA

View Full Version : Several problems after upgrade to 13.10

sarantis-pantazis
November 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hi there, really sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I was unable to find anything useful online.
I had several problems after my upgrade, of which the most persistent ones were the following:

1) I can not access external hard disk drives. I get the message "Not authorized to perform operation" (see attached picture).
Actually, the HDDs do not even show up with "df -h". I have checked the automount option and it is set ON.

2) There are no icons in my top panel (see attached picture). I must note that the icons do appear in the login screen.

3) Left panel icons switch to an "inactive window" arrow ("open arrow") when I close the window (instead of making the arrows disappear).

I have attached relevant screenshots. Any help or pointer to relevant posts would be highly appreciated.

philinux
November 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM
i would first reset unity and compiz to there default state.

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/08/reset-unity-and-compiz-in-ubuntu-13-10/

sarantis-pantazis
November 6th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, there are no visible changes. Any other ideas?

sarantis-pantazis
November 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Should I just reinstall from scratch? Is it possible that my problems will go away? I got to this point by updating.