PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Stops at "No PAM Profile Selected ..."

robingrombach
November 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Hi,

I am new to the Forum and fairly new to Ubuntu in general.
I have got Ubuntu 13.10 running on my Dell and wanted to have the same experience on my Asus-Netbook.

I already had Lubuntu running on the Netbook but wanted to have Ubuntu with unity instead.
So I chose Ubuntu 12.04 to Install on it.
My Specs: Intell GMA 3150-G GPU, 200 MHz; 160 GByte Seagate (ST9160314AS); 1 GByte DDR2-6400 RAM

Now the Installation (via Live and USB) got stuck several times. The first time I let it run over night and nothing happened.

No i just got something like this in the expendable Textbox:

"No PAM Profiles selected. This would let access for every user which is not allowed. Please select one PAM Profile from the list"

Right now I cannot even see the Textbox anymore, because its just grey now, so the Text is just what I recall from memory.

I already tried Installing via Alternate, but did fail at the network configuration and server stuff.
I have asked google now for some time, but couldnt find anything, so I came here.

Help appreciated!

robingrombach
November 3rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Hi,

I now did the following:

Formatting my USB stick
creating a Ubuntu alternate iso on the stick
follow through the installation.

Problem:
I wasnt able to install the GRUB bootloader to my first harddrive while the installation.
The Installation finished anyways, now I get this when I try to start my Computer:

Lilo 23.2 loading Linux
BIOS data Check successful
Kernel Panic - not syncing: VSF: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Any suggestion how I can fix this?