PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 13.10 login problem

asemench
November 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,
Ubuntu 13.10 after working just fine does not complete the login procedure. After typing the password the screen does black and all activity on the compter (notebook Dell) stops.

I tries fail safe grafics mode without any success. The same problem. I even did not get the login prompt. The screen does black and no further activity.

I can run Ubuntu from CD without any problems.

Thank you

rihikz
November 3rd, 2013, 12:36 AM
Hello.
If you can run it perfectly fine from the LiveCD, it most likely isn't a hardware problem, and something is wrong with the system. Have you done any changes that might have effected startup applications, login procedure, related?

Check this out, you might be able to solve your problem following the steps in these answers: http://askubuntu.com/questions/361004/ubuntu-13-10-black-screen-after-login-session

asemench
November 3rd, 2013, 01:37 AM
Dear Friend,
thank you for the prompt reply. I did install something similar to xorg.

Is there any way I can get back my system to the state it was one day before?

When I reach the black screen state, the system does not respond to any command, not even CTRL-ALT-T.

Failsafe grafics mode does not start. I get the same black screen with failsafe grafics mode.

Thanks again. Any hint is more than wellcome.

asemench
November 3rd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Dear Friend,
I was able to get login prompt by CTRL-ALT-F1 !!!!
Let me see if I can follow the suggestions from the other thread.

asemench
November 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
I was able to complete the login procedure by removing nvidia drivers. Now I have to solve the other problem - Unity is without menus.