PDA

View Full Version : not getting prompt to upgrade to 13.10

draftpeppin
November 1st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Hi,

I have two laptops running Ubuntu. One gave me a prompt to upgrade to 13.10. The other one still hasn't. Currently runs 13.04. In the Updater, I do have it set to notify me of updates daily, and also to notify me of ALL upgrades, not just LTS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

warp99
November 1st, 2013, 01:51 AM
The prompt is broken in some systems, bug report has already been issued. I had to upgrade at the terminal.

sudo do-release-upgrade

draftpeppin
November 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
The prompt is broken in some systems, bug report has already been issued. I had to upgrade at the terminal.

sudo do-release-upgrade

Thanks warp99. I didn't know what search terms to use so I didn't know this was out there. Didn't have any luck finding the info. I'll be patient.

Steve

craig10x
November 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Are you running only one ubuntu? if so, if you burn a disc of 13.10, and run it, the installer should give you the option to UPGRADE to 13.10 (in addition to the normal option to wipe out 13.04 and replace with 13.10)...try that! (works for me every time i have used it)...it's much faster and much more reliable then using either the software updater or terminal methods of upgrading...

vegan.philosophy
November 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
I also have not got any prompt to upgrade to saucy via software updater in spite of updating my system regularly. I will try to install saucy by downloading its image and burning it to DVD. A web page has recommended following commands to upgrade via terminal :

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

sudo update-manager -d

Reference : http://www.unixmen.com/upgrade-ubuntu-13-04-raring-ubuntu-13-10-saucy-salamander/

Suggestion : Create a back-up of your files before upgrading Ubuntu.