PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] gnome-terminal 3.10.1 background transparency gone?

Sir Rodness
October 30th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Not sure why the background tab in gnome terminal was removed and why the background transparency for gnome terminal no longer works. Tried downgrading to 3.6 gnome terminal. The background tab appeared, but transparency still did not work. I like my terminal with a transparent background. Not sure if there is a new configuration for 13.10 that allow background transparency for gnome-terminal or is this simply a result of using a the new OS. If so I can go back to 13.04, 13.10 doesn't have many perks that I can see that makes me need to keep it.

nickeg
November 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I am curious about this as well... 3.8 had this and once I upgraded to 3.10 I lost the feature.

BrunoLotse
November 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Hi:)Have you guys tried guake? I am utterly addicted to that terminal. Transparency and other config stuff.Cheers,Bruno

Sir Rodness
November 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Hi:)Have you guys tried guake? I am utterly addicted to that terminal. Transparency and other config stuff.Cheers,Bruno

Guake, not to bad. Thanks for the alternative.

BrunoLotse
November 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hi:) You're most welcome. I made some batch files to change config settings of guake from CLI and using guake most of the time.Cheers,Bruno