PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Compatable.

Compucore
July 18th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I've been looking around on the net for a nice little im program for my ubuntu here that is capable of using both my webcam and be able to use the microphone that I have over here. I took a look into gain which doesn't support it. And I had taken a look as well the unix varient version of Yahoo IM. But neither have the option. I was wondering if there is a third party to us both or one or the other with ubuntu so I could use talk and/or view with my webcam of my friends.

Compucore

Kimm
July 18th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I suggest you have a look at Kopete 0.12 (needs to be compiled from source). I know it supports Audio/Video in MSN, there is a chance it works with Yahoo too.

loell
July 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Gyachi (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=190900&highlight=gyachi)
its a yahoo messenger for linux that supports webcam and voice chat room

Compucore
July 19th, 2006, 02:40 AM
found .11 over here in the package manager over here. Seems to fit the bill here very nicely too. Cause the unix version of Yahoo doesn't even support video and voice at all. At least with this one the video is much better than the windows yahoo version which is choppy like crazy. There is too much of a demand of something in the background. Even though it does go to 100% in CPU usage. Here with this one its much smoother.

Compucore