PDA

View Full Version : Get away thread

acodea
October 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I cook, and eat.

I would like to explore some options and want to ask what you others do to get away from computing and maybe what you comp to, what groups or activities you participate in. It would help me to hear.

acodea
October 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, I forgot games, mathematics and music theory.

Old_Grey_Wolf
October 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
One of the things I do to get away from the computer is to collect things like coins, 100 year old cast iron toys, cast iron banks, etc. Finding them gets me out of the house. I have to go to yard sales, estate sales, and so fourth to find them.

Some people like model airplanes and others model cars. I think you just find something that interests you other than computers and just get involved in it.

acodea
October 29th, 2013, 12:04 AM
One of the things I do to get away from the computer is to collect things like coins, 100 year old cast iron toys, cast iron banks, etc. Finding them gets me out of the house. I have to go to yard sales, estate sales, and so fourth to find them.

I was helping a neighbor with her estate sales this weekend. 20 years there and so much to sell! A lot of fun and hurry.

QDR06VV9
October 30th, 2013, 03:51 AM

Yes Sir a Man after my own heart, I liken it to a Field Trip.:D

Some people like model airplanes and others model cars. I think you just find something that interests you other than computers and just get involved in it.
Yep its just that easy;):D

linuxyogi
October 30th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I cook, and eat. I would like to explore some options and want to ask what you others do to get away from computing and maybe what you comp to, what groups or activities you participate in. It would help me to hear. Besides spending time in front of my PC I do weight training 4 times a week and yoga 3 times a week.

sammiev
October 30th, 2013, 04:02 AM
I like to cook over a open fire and waste the night away watching the flames. Northern lights are a bonus! :)

acodea
October 30th, 2013, 04:53 AM
go for it. Weight Train, run or karate your way to self-produced feel-good chemicals, safest ones on earth

tazz4vr
October 30th, 2013, 11:21 PM
To get away from my puter, I can be found either dancing my butt off or competing in pool (billiards) tournaments. Taking trips to Lake Havasu is also something I like to do.

sideaway
October 31st, 2013, 02:32 AM
I study... although that seems to invlove a laptop all too often.

I also enjoy books, wakeboarding, snow skiing, tennis, football, and amateur motorsport.