PDA

View Full Version : usb installation not possible due to the distorted screen view

darius-bicki
October 27th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I've tried to install ubuntu-13.10-desktop-amd64 from my usb pendrive 16GB onto my laptop Compaq Presario V6000. Ubuntu is loaded but the view of ubuntu desktop is distorted so that no futher installation is possible. The screen is devided vertically into 3 equal parts and on every one of them there is a desktop of ubuntu with buttom bar and icons although you can see only not 3 squeezed entire desktops but 3 right hand part of the desktop. The wiev is not clear and crisp sharp and you can't find the buutom to press next. I can't launch terminal either. Details of my laptop: Processor: 2x AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58, Display-Resolution: 1280x800 pixels, OpenGL Renderer: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M/integrated/SSE2.
I'm using Linux Mint 13 Maya and I didn't have any problems installing Mint 13 on my laptop from my usb. Any idea what couse of it can be? :?

sudodus
October 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums :-)

I think there is a problem with the driver for your graphics card and can be solved with the boot option nomodeset

Try according to this link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions