PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Updating from 13.04 to 13.10 is realy bad

adscnet
October 27th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I've updated my desktop from 13.04 to 13.10 & the problems started:
1- When I login using Ubuntu Default desktop environment, I get this message "Couldn't acquire name on session bus, logout" then it logs out
2- I accessed Cinnamon DT environment in order to access my system
3- My system is slow with this new updates
4- I'm getting many errors "... experienced an internal error"

any suggestion how to solve this issues?

ptn107
October 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
1) See if any required package is missing from the default 13.10 install. Download the checker script here (http://www.filedropper.com/saucy-list-packagestar) (click download this file, and enter the captcha code).

Right-click the file and extract the contents.

From the terminal (CTL+ALT+T) run the saucy-list-packages/list-missing script which generates a missing.packages file. Check out the list it makes with gedit. These packages should be installed on all 13.10 systems. They can be all installed by running:

sudo apt-get install `cat missing.packages`
from the same folder.

Last resort, backup your stuff and clean install.

adscnet
October 28th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your reply,
I've done that & get error when tried to install the missing packages using 'cat missing.packages', so I installed them manually one by one, rebooted the sys, but still same problem when I open the Ubuntu Default desktop environment t & I tried to capture some of them, system crashes on the following files:
-ibus 1.5.3-6ubuntu2
-gnome-settings-daemon 3.8.5-0ubuntu9
-gvfs-backends 1.18.2-0ubuntu1
-hud 13.10.1+13.10.20131014-0ubuntu1

then shows "Permission denied" message, then it automatically logout.
I think the gnome environment is damaged/corrupted

adscnet
October 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hi,
Today I found some update from ubuntu by running Update-Manager & after installing the updates I got the following warning msg which again its related to the previous problem ibus:

update-manager:4837): IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /home/adsc/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

any suggestion

adscnet
October 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hi,
Today I found some update from ubuntu by running Update-Manager & after installing the updates I got the following warning msg which again its related to the previous problem ibus:

update-manager:4837): IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /home/adsc/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

any suggestion

ptn107
October 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
my /home/phil/.config/ibus/bus folder is not root either. It works fine here.

You can try to delete the /home/adsc/.config/ folder. It will reset all of your desktop settings but it may solve the problem. Prefix the following command with 'sudo' and run it:

rm -rf /home/adsc/.config/
and restart.

adscnet
October 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Note: I'd like to highlight again that I'm facing this problem only when I login using Ubuntu Default desktop environment but, if I login using cinnamon desktop environment I don't see any problem.

I was thinking of (if nothing solved this problem):
- Reinstall ubuntu directly 13.10 ver, but worried about (1) my dual boot & (2) my existing huge data under home
- Downgrade to 13.04, but I'm sure I wont get the 100% of the 13.04

What do you suggest?

adscnet
November 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
I wondering if anyone can suggest a solution for this issue.

adscnet
November 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Since I couldn't get any answer which can help me in solving the problem, in addition I had error message in every update I run in the system such:

(update-manager:6364): IBUS-WARNING **: Unable to connect to ibus: Could not connect: Connection refused

update-manager:5637): IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /home/../.config/ibus/bus is not root!

finally I decided to re-install ubuntu 13.10 as fresh copy.

Joe Schoen
November 28th, 2013, 03:20 PM
adscnet, how is that working for you? Did the fresh install solve all the problems mentioned above? I too am having a range of issues that wouldn't fit into just one ticket. Many internal errors and problems with the taskbars and desktop. I too upgraded from 13.04.