PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the forum staff?

vayu
July 18th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Spending x number of hours per week reading the forum for almost a year now gives me a feeling of bonding with the people here. I would really like to know what happened.
Could someone please explain what happened? If you don't want it public then please PM.

henriquemaia
July 18th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Spending x number of hours per week reading the forum for almost a year now gives me a feeling of bonding with the people here. I would really like to know what happened.
Could someone please explain what happened? If you don't want it public then please PM.

I share the same feeling as you. At least an official announcement or explanation.

ComplexNumber
July 18th, 2006, 06:24 PM
basically, some left of their volition, whilst there was a misunderstandings between others. i gather that its something confidential, so its best staying that way from what i can gather.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
July 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
It is not going to be talked about. 3-4 threads that were asking the same question were locked and this one will be soon.

matthew
July 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
This is all that is going to be said...and it's just a repeat of other threads. Sorry if that frustrates people.

One staff member and one admin were asked to step down. The reasons involve innocent people who are still a part of these forums and for their privacy nothing more will be said about it other than the admins discussed, thought, and agonized over the decision for several days before action was taken. This decision was not made lightly nor without reason.

When this was revealed all the staff were saddened but most of us ended up agreeing with the decision. Some of the staff were unhappy however and decided the best thing to do was resign. In most of the cases this was done without hard feelings, malice, etc. In the end all of us (whether resigning or remaining on staff) have in our hearts a desire for this to be the best forum community possible and so even those leaving are doing so with that in mind.

This has been a very hard week and we understand the frustration of those who don't understand what is going on. Ultimately, however, the admins here have been accountable to the Ubuntu Community Council who understand what has happened. It is not necessary to drag innocent people into this by revealing what was said/done to various victims. Those who need to know have seen the evidence, struggled with it, and taken appropriate action. That is all that is going to be said about it.

We really want to just move on, see the wounded picked up and healed, and the community continue to grow and continue to be among the best anywhere.

ComplexNumber
July 18th, 2006, 06:32 PM
i imagine there may be a further round of questions from people, in spite of whats been said.
i think its all very unfortunate that things have to turn out like this.

manicka
July 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Some of the staff were unhappy however and decided the best thing to do was resign. In most of the cases this was done without hard feelings, malice, etc.

Yes and no matthew. I left wihtout any hard feelings as you know but even the staff/mods were kept in the dark on this one and just asked to trust the admins decision without question, as you have done.

Those of us that dug a little deeper are no longer there.

KingBahamut
July 18th, 2006, 06:47 PM
May I request a closure of this thread?

As stated more than once, the continued exacerbation of this discussion brings tension and stress to a subject that has already had way too much of both.

People have done what they chose to do, friends. We should respect and honor those choices now.

Brunellus
July 18th, 2006, 06:51 PM
This thread--and this matter--is closed.

Any further veiled arguments can take place elsewhere.