PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] annoying bugs in 13.10

mabtifro2
October 23rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
i first upgraded to 13.10 beta like a month ago and there were a ton of bugs. many have been fixed since the final release came out a few days ago, but some remain. these are the three most annoying:

1. when i close the lid to my laptop (acer v5-171) and reopen it and type my password to unlock the screen, the command prompt is open. like when you hit the alt key and that command prompt comes up, thats what it does. but only after closing and opening the lid. it doesn happen if i lock the screen manually and unlock it.

2. my keyboard doesnt work with tor browser. i have to type addresses inside a word doc then copy and past them into the address bar of the browser to get it to get to an adress.

3. rhythmox is kinda jenky now. the shortcuts dont work anymore (for example ctrl-space to pause a song) , and it almost always freezes when i first start it and try to play a song. i have to force quit, then reopen it.

i hope someone has the solution to these problems. thanks

cbennett9262
October 26th, 2013, 04:50 AM
i first upgraded to 13.10 beta like a month ago and there were a ton of bugs. many have been fixed since the final release came out a few days ago, but some remain. these are the three most annoying:

1. when i close the lid to my laptop (acer v5-171) and reopen it and type my password to unlock the screen, the command prompt is open. like when you hit the alt key and that command prompt comes up, thats what it does. but only after closing and opening the lid. it doesn happen if i lock the screen manually and unlock it.

i hope someone has the solution to these problems. thanks

THIS. Drives me insane. I thought I was the only one!

Jim_Granite
October 26th, 2013, 09:38 AM
The easiest workaround to the TOR browsesr bug is explained here:
* How do I pin the Tor browser to the Launcher (in addition to Firefox)? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2182827) *

Namely, you have to exit the ibus.