PDA

View Full Version : Unity minimize bug?

David_OConnor
October 21st, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm running Ubuntu 13.10. Often when I have multiple windows of the same type open, when I click their Unity icon twice to select windows, only one window will show. The rest will have a space on the screen and can be highlighted by mousing over, or clicking, but they are invisible.

This would be better demonstrated with a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to take screenshots (print screen's not working, and the screenshot app doesn't do anything). Here's a Gimp-drawn image instead. Note that the left window outline is only visible when moused over.

http://i.imgur.com/rrd6ifu.png

deadflowr
October 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
If screenshot is not working then you have bigger problems then window feature issues.

David_OConnor
October 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
I got the screenshot utility working. Here's a screenshot demonsrating the problem. Note that there are three file explorer ticks on the left indicating three windows open, but only one is displayed. When the mouse is moved over where the other windows should be (it's currently over the left window), the window highlights, and can be selected with a click.

http://i.imgur.com/S1CFoRW.jpg

coffeecat
October 21st, 2013, 03:56 PM
Support question, not chat.

Thread moved to Desktop Environments.

David_OConnor
October 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Bumping this - I can't be the only one.

vanadium
October 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Most likely an issue with your graphics driver. You may want to try some of the opengl or composite related settings in Compiz Config Settingsmanager to see whether that cures the issue, e.g. "Composite": try disabling (or enabling if for you off by default)) "Detect refresh rate", in "Opengl" try disabling (or enabling) "Sync to vblank".

David_OConnor
November 9th, 2013, 12:36 AM
This bug appears to be fixed by a ubuntu system update yesterday.

edit: Not fixed, coincidence. I even did a clean format/install for other reasons, and the bug still exists.