PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] This is an event reminder

mrkeef
October 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Since upgrading to 13.10 all of my Google calendar event notifications just say "This is an event reminder" instead of the actual event.

Is there a way to fix this?

Keith

KaRo1205
October 25th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Since upgrading to 13.10 all of my Google calendar event notifications just say "This is an event reminder" instead of the actual event.

Is there a way to fix this?

Keith

Hey, same problem here. What to do? I already removed and re-added the Google-calendars but without effect.

stian1984
October 25th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I have the same problem. Upgraded from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10 and started experiencing this behaviour.
I have narrowed the problem down to my Google calendar. This does not seem to be a problem with a local calendar where the event name is correctly displayed. Are you experiencing these problems with Google Calendars in Evolution as well?

lalo
October 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I have it too. Did anybody report a bug? What package would that be? :D Do you all have Evolution installed? I think it's Evolution that syncs to Google Calendar, or at least that's the only way to configure it…

mrkeef
October 31st, 2013, 02:07 AM
It seems to relate to Google calendars imported into Evolution.

lalo
October 31st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Reported: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1246624

Please take a moment to go there and click “this bug affects me” :-)

mrkeef
November 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Reported: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1246624

Please take a moment to go there and click “this bug affects me” :-)

Thanks lalo. I have now done this

gcvisel
April 2nd, 2014, 02:23 AM
I have it too. Did anybody report a bug? What package would that be? :D Do you all have Evolution installed? I think it's Evolution that syncs to Google Calendar, or at least that's the only way to configure it…

You don't need Evolution installed. I am getting the same with Thunderbird.