PDA

View Full Version : Running applications aren't visible! Where's it all gone?!?

GB_Joe
October 19th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Ok, this is a bit of an odd one, but I'm hoping there's a really obvious solution that I've just missed.

The problem exists on my Mum's computer, so I can't tell you exactly what's happening. All I know is that when she starts up an application there's a blip on the Launcher, as you'd expect, but no sign of the application window. She tells me she's looked through the workspaces (I didn't even realise she knew they existed - turns out she's pretty sharp for a granny!) and there's no sign of anything running on any of them.

Now usually I sort out any problems she has by firing up a TeamViewer session, but this doesn't work in this case because she can't see the window to tell me the password. I really am operating blind here, and Googling hasn't turned up any clues.

Any suggestions about what I could try would be greatly appreciated! Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring a window to the front of the active workspace maximised or something? Unfortunately, she lives 5 hours' drive from me, and I just can't spare the time for the round trip right now, but I don't want to leave her in this state!

Thanks,
Joe.