PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Think Centre Edge 71 - UEFI Nightmare

kc3WXWJ
October 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Hi,

I've been using Ubuntu for around a year now and have used less and less Windows during that period. I've been running a dual-boot system (Win7 and Ubuntu 12.04) for a while and decided to upgrade to 13.04 and remove Windows in full. However, this just has not worked out for me as the machine refuses to boot Linux and Windows is now gone.

I've spent the past two days trying to correct this issue following ever recommended solution in these forums and external forums. I've also opted to reach out to the community on Google Plus and whilst your all helpful it has not sorted my problem.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I've pasted the URL as requested below: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6251098/

|{urse
October 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I've ran into this, have you set the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy in the bios?

kc3WXWJ
October 17th, 2013, 03:30 PM
There are no options to change this in the bios - I'm considering updating my bios to see if these options appear but I'm reluctant to go down that route unless entirely neccessary. I can easily kill a machine playing with a bios.

oldfred
October 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM
You have a UEFI install. And it looks normal.
Do you see a ubuntu entry in the boot choices in UEFI/BIOS?

Since you have only one install now, you will not normally get grub menu. If a black screen issue then you may need boot parameters like nomodeset.
Normally you can hold shift key from BIOS until grub menu appears to add boot parameters, but some with UEFI have had to use escape key??