PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fresh Install, Black Screen, No Response in booting from a USB External Hard Drive

manu-27993
October 17th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Hi,
My Wipro EGO Notebook Internal HDD got sick (You know.. all that HDD Failing thing..). So, I decided to install Ubuntu 13.04 onto a 500GB Transcend StoreJet 25M3 Portable USB External Hard Drive.
Installation went smooth, I correctly followed all the steps given in various forums (ask-ubuntu?). I selected the External HDD for installation, made seperate swap, /boot and / partitions on external HDD (in EXT4 format), installed the bootloader on the External HDD, everything as said in the posts.
Though the installation went smoothly (slower though), upon booting from External Hard Drive, all I could see was a Black Screen. It was not even trying to load from External HDD. It was as though doing nothing but mock at me.
Is there anything else I should do? I know it's possible to boot Ubuntu from External HDD.. and that is why I went on trying it out.. I really need help... Please Help! :)