PDA

View Full Version : Slogans

mike-parenti
October 17th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Hello All,

I tried Ubuntu many years ago for less than a week and found it (and Linux) torturous to use. I have returned recently (due to HP Touchpad issues and a program call tpdebrick) and find myself excited about desktop computing once again.

I look forward to the convergence of the multiple types of hardware (desk tops, tablets, TVs, and phones) running slight variations of the same OS.

Joking around with my friends (who can not imagine life out side of their little "iWorld"), I've been coming up with catchy slogans for the Ubuntu touch family. We laugh at these slogans, but at the same time could imagine them being real.

Here are my favorite possibilities for slogans:

“Get the phone, it's for you. Ubuntu”
“Give your tablet a loving touch. Ubuntu”
“Turn your TV on. Ubuntu”

Laugh with or at me and then post some slogan ideas of your own.

Glad to be a part of this community,
Mike

QIII
October 17th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Moved to The Cafe

Linuxratty
October 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Hello All,

I tried Ubuntu many years ago for less than a week and found it (and Linux) torturous to use.

Ten years ago in Sept., I dove in and after using Windows since 3.1, I found Linux to be a breath of fresh air. I wiped out Windows.

Linux,the way of the future.

mike-parenti
October 17th, 2013, 11:48 PM
It was about 8 years ago when I very briefly gave ubuntu a try. I've always used Windows and Mac OS equally at work, so it was easy to use both at home too. At the time I was more intrigued with Palm OS. Over the years I found myself using my desk top and lap top less and less as my mobile devices evolved. So I was never drawn to Linux as an alternative OS.
But now I am very pleased with Linux. I mostly use Ubuntu and Puppy Linux and I am looking forward to experiancing many other distros as well.
This seams like an amazing community and I appreciate what you've all accomplished over the years.