PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation 13.10 Daily Build - Update?

Snickety_Lemon
October 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hallo zusammen,

ich würde mir gerne heute noch die Ubuntu 13.10 daily build version installieren, welche ja noch beta ist wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe.
Muss ich dann am Donnerstag, wenn die Version 13.10 offiziell erscheint, Ubuntu nochmal installieren wenn ich keine beta haben will oder reicht es das update über die konsole auszuführen?

Vielen Dank für eure Hilfe. :)

oldfred
October 15th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hi,
This is an English language forum. If not comfortable with English you may find a forum here.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/

Based on Google translate:
Ubuntu 13.10 Final Question
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2180304

You should just run updates if you want and you will be current.

QIII
October 15th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Englisch wird in der Regel in den Foren gesprochen.

Es wäre besser gewesen, wenn Sie Ihre Frage in Englisch gestellt hatten. Können Sie Ihre Frage ins Englische übersetzen?

Danke sehr.

(For the rest of the members, my post translates roughly thus:

English is generally spoken in the Forums.

It would have been better if you had asked you question in English. Can you translate your question into English?

Thanks.)

Snickety_Lemon
October 15th, 2013, 07:33 PM
oh sorry :)

thanks for your help. my question is:
when i install the daily build version of ubuntu 13.10, do i have to install the final version released on thursday again if i wish to use the final version or is it sufficent to just apply the command " sudo apt-get update & upgrade " to the console to get the final version ?

thanks! :)

oldfred
October 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
The ISO may be frozen (have not checked if they tell us or not). Only if they find something really major now would ISO even change. And then your updates will include added changes from ISO freeze. So we are just about to the point of ISO daily being the same as the final.

If you had a much older daily and even run updates from that you would be current. The only advantage of a new install is you totally houseclean out history, log files and older packages. But you can manually do that housecleaning also.

QIII
October 15th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hello!

At this point, if you haven't done a lot of testing and created any chaff, you can just continue your normal update schedule and you'll be there.

I reinstall a few times during the test cycle, but some time around the Beta phase I just start upgrading.

However, you should use update and dist-upgrade to catch any kernel updates.

Viel Erfolg!

Snickety_Lemon
October 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
ok, thanks for the info and for the dist-upgrade tip,ill install the today´s daily build and check it out. :)