PDA

View Full Version : 2 monitors with different resolutions

frank18
October 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hi guys,I have 2 monitors connected to my PC Lenovo Thinkcenter71 and it has video card Intel HD 2000,
and i have A Sony HD tv with DVI connected, and a VGA monitor,how can i config. the VGA monitor output to be 1024x768.
and the DVI output to be 1920x1080. please give detail info on how to conf. thanks in advance

Bucky Ball
October 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Try installing ARandR from the repositories. It is a lightweight app that lets you set different resolutions for different monitors (among other things) via a GUI.

Once you have it installed, launch it and go Outputs>Your Monitor>Resolution. That easy, hopefully. ;)

frank18
October 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Try installing ARandR from the repositories. It is a lightweight app that lets you set different resolutions for different monitors (among other things) via a GUI.

Once you have it installed, launch it and go Outputs>Your Monitor>Resolution. That easy, hopefully. ;)

Thanks Bucky Ball: i intalled ARandr from the Ubuntu Software Center but it wont run in Gnome Classic or mate desktops,it opens on Xubuntu thought, any clues thanks

Bucky Ball
October 13th, 2013, 04:12 AM
... it wont run in Gnome Classic or mate desktops ...

Sorry, didn't know that. I use a minimal install with xfce4 desktop environment so didn't think of it. Don't have any other suggestions. :-k