PDA

View Full Version : Post count labels

Skia_42
July 18th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Hey everyone, I couldn't help that notice all posters have labels such as "A Carafe of Ubuntu", "5 Cups of Ubuntu" e.t.c and I was wondering if this was determined by post count, group membership, major contributions to the community, or a combination of the above?

Jagot
July 18th, 2006, 01:04 AM
The labels you are describing are determined by post count.

There are some teams who have other labels as well, such as Green Team, Archival Team, etc. But the ones by the beans are post-count related.

Skia_42
July 18th, 2006, 01:26 AM
The labels you are describing are determined by post count.

There are some teams who have other labels as well, such as Green Team, Archival Team, etc. But the ones by the beans are post-count related.
Ok, does anyone know how many posts the beans, coffe pots and milkshakes represent?

matthew
July 18th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Ok, does anyone know how many posts the beans, coffe pots and milkshakes represent?They're pretty random and just for fun. They represent participation in the forums, the more you participate the sooner you will reach the next surprise. :) There's a sticky about this here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=208557

BWF89
July 18th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Post counts are stupid on this forum anyway. Even if you help someone out with a problem in Community Chat it doesn't count towards your post count because they disabled it in community chat. But everyone whoose been here since the beginning (like me) before they made it so Community Chat doesn't count has a big post count from posting in this forum wheras new members don't get credit for that. That's why I hid mine.

matthew
July 18th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Post counts are stupid on this forum anyway. Even if you help someone out with a problem in Community Chat it doesn't count towards your post count because they disabled it in community chat. But everyone whoose been here since the beginning (like me) before they made it so Community Chat doesn't count has a big post count from posting in this forum wheras new members don't get credit for that. That's why I hid mine.Your information is outdated as of 5 days ago. See this thread: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=214587
All posts now count regardless of where they are made.

Skia_42
July 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks Matthew, I was putting far to much effort trying to figure out how mnay beans make a cup and so on. Random whimsical posting titles make much more sense.

matthew
July 18th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks Matthew, I was putting far to much effort trying to figure out how mnay beans make a cup and so on. Random whimsical posting titles make much more sense.It's just for fun, to help keep the forums from becoming too stuffy. Tech support doesn't have to be boring. :)