PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't type swedish signs in Vinagre

Azyx
October 5th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Hi. Use 12.04LTS on both server and client.

I suddenly get problem to read swedish signs (едц) from Clementine music player.
From Clementine folders browser, folders with едц looked like a file without едц. The music-folders are on a remote machine using samba.

I have changed my Desktop client language support from Swedish to English and when I have installed applications, they have said that Locale have being missed, or something. So I get to:

'System settings--> Language support --> Language: And there are English and English (USA)

and under 'Regional formats I choose 'Svenska (Swedish)'

My 'samba share' works both to read and write едц, and also in Clementine :)

BUT with 'Vinage - Desk top Viewer' I can not type едц on a remote Machinne, also with Ubuntu 12.04LTS. I can read едц, but when I try to type едц the keystroke are dead.

I have the same problem with SSVNC as a client. But I have not change the Vino-server on the remote machine

Cheers

I was really tired when I woke up last night, so my English was unreadable. Hope that is simpler now.

Azyx
October 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I also made the same steps on the my remote desktops, with Vino-server, Language support English for menu and application and pressed 'System wide' and under Regional Formats Svenska (Sverige) and Apply system-wide. And still the server do not receives едц

Cheers

Edit.

I tested to logout and login to Gnome classic (No effect), Gnome Classic, Unity 2D (on the Remote machine with Vino-server) and it could receive едц :)
After that also Unity 3D could receive едц .) BUT the processor get up to near 100% use, when I connect with vinagre, with the results of huge lag, and impossible to use :(

Very strange!!!!

Edit. 19/10. Now suddenly едц just disappeared, but now it was enoght to log out from Unity 2D and in to 3D (only rebooth did not help), and I needed to go back to 2D again cos 3D was really slow!!!

Azyx
December 6th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Bump.
After an update of my machine with Vino-server I lost possibility to send едц. I had to log out Unity 2D and log in to Unity 3D, and the Swedish sign едц start to work.

BUT When I user Unity 3D on the vino-server machine, the processor work at 50-70% on both machines and many seconds long lag, so I have to go back to Unity 2D!!! Have Ubuntu 12.04LTS on both machines. I dislike Unity 2D because it is no so nice and it is impossible to have a place for needed start button in the launcher.