PDA

View Full Version : Perl + gtk + windows.

Engnome
July 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I've been doing some apps in perl (wich work fine on ubuntu) but I want to show/give them to friends so they can use them to but they rely on perl5, gtk2 and libglade.

I have downloaded http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/?_x=1 perl interpreter so my cli based programs work. But when I'm trying my gtk apps is says:

Can't locate Glib.pm in @INC...

I have gtk installed but I don't know what to do now.

Also is it possible to use glade XML files to generate the gui in windows? I found libglade compiled for windows but it's a .dll what do i do with that?

Linux is so much easier...:)

ifokkema
July 18th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Can't locate Glib.pm in @INC...
Did you install libglib-perl? The file is in that package.

Engnome
July 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Did you install libglib-perl? The file is in that package.

libglib-perl? Where? Tried google but no luck. What package?

ifokkema
July 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
As in:

sudo apt-get install libglib-perl
The Glib.pm file you mentioned, is included in the libglib-perl package. Maybe installing that package may help.

Engnome
July 18th, 2006, 09:07 PM
As in:

sudo apt-get install libglib-perl
The Glib.pm file you mentioned, is included in the libglib-perl package. Maybe installing that package may help.

With windows in the thread title I mean windows as in Windows XP (c) not as in windows on a house or even windows in wich program outputs information.

Had you followed the link in my first post you would have gotten to a site offering a perl interpreter in .exe format.

But thx for your help anyway, guess this might be the wrong forum even though it says:

Programming Talk This forum is for all programming questions.
The questions do not have to be directly related to Ubuntu and any language is allowed.

Hezekiah
July 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
You need to find the Gtk2 package for ActiveState's perl. ActiveState uses something called Perl Package Manager - look through there and see if you can find anything.

Also, you can take a look at the Gtk2-perl website which may have more information.

ifokkema
July 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
With windows in the thread title I mean windows as in Windows XP (c) not as in windows on a house or even windows in wich program outputs information.
LOL, must have been sleeping or something :)

Had you followed the link in my first post you would have gotten to a site offering a perl interpreter in .exe format.
No doubt, but I didn't follow the link because the Windows part in my brain recognized the URL. After that, the Linux side took over again :)

But thx for your help anyway, guess this might be the wrong forum (...)
No, it's not. Must people on these forums are Linux users of course, but many of them not exclusively. It was just me ](*,)

Engnome
July 19th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Perl package manager! lol, anyway thx Hezekiah I found what I needed in Gtk2 perl website (I think)

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.

This seems more appropiate every time I learn something new about unix.

Hezekiah
July 19th, 2006, 02:36 PM
If you do get this working (Gtk2 + Glade + Perl) on Windows, please post back! I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you :-)

Good luck!