PDA

View Full Version : Guess who said this...

mlentink
September 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
... we really should have one silicon interface for all of our devices. We should have one set of developer APIs on all of our devices. And all of the apps we bring to end users should be available on all of our devices.

Guess who said this....

tgalati4
September 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Ken Olsen, CEO of Digital Equipment Corporation in 1978. No wait, he said that people have no need for a personal computer in the home.

cariboo
September 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
To easy, Terry Myerson, I guess they've been checking out Ubuntu development :-P

ian-weisser
September 26th, 2013, 12:04 AM
I'm thinking it was Khan Noonien Singh.
Or maybe Thomas Edison.

No, wait. Was it Julius Caesar?

PJs Ronin
September 26th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I'm thinking Thomas J. Watson (Chairman of the Board of International Business Machines), 1943

No, wait. He's reputed to have said 'I think there is a world market for about five computers'

su:bhatta
September 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Nahh! I did !

Back in the golden days when the asylum was a nice place to be !!!!

stinkeye
September 27th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Moses at SinaiCon, introducing the first tablet.

mlentink
September 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
To easy, Terry Myerson, I guess they've been checking out Ubuntu development :-P

Well actually it was his boss. How was it they call that? "Embrace & enhance"?

ikt
September 27th, 2013, 08:01 PM
It is a lofty goal, but the priority should not be on the goal alone, it should be making the goal while exceeding user expectations about software in the process. Windows 8 is an example of how simply aiming for the goal can bring a lot of negative consequences to a goal that could bring major positives.