PDA

View Full Version : Package Mirror Troubleshooting

Starfleet_Engineer
September 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
I setup a package mirror on my local server box using apt-mirror. My problem is that my Ubuntu installs don't seem to recognize it.

I followed the guide from this website http://www.howtoforge.com/local_debian_ubuntu_mirror

I kept getting the error

Bad archive mirror
An error has been detected while trying to use the specified Ubuntu archive mirror

Possible reasons for the error are: incorrect mirror specified; mirror is not available
(possibly due to an unreliable network connection); mirror is broken (for example because
an invalid Release file was found); mirror does not support correct Ubuntu version.

Additional details may be available in /var/log/syslog or on the virtual console 4.

Please check the specified mirror or try a different one.
I thought it might be a problem with how my server box was configured so I tried it again from a clean minimal install.
The only things it has installed after the minimal baseline is openssh and apt-mirror.
I then get this error

The installer failed to download a file from the mirror. This may be a problem with your
network, or with the mirror. You can choose to retry the download, select a different
mirror, or cancel and choose another installation method.

Downloading a file failed:

What am I doing wrong? Where do I start troubleshooting?

Starfleet_Engineer
October 2nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Still haven't worked out how to get this to work. I can connect to the Apache default webpage and administer the server over SSH. What am I doing wrong?