PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [Cairo-Dock + unity panel] Hide icons, proper panel, add dash?

Carllacan
September 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Hi.

I've started using Cairo-Dock along with the unity panel and I've run into some minor problems:

First, I'd like to hide certain apps so that they don't appear on the taskbar when they are running. Namely I want to hide the Unity Panel, because right now it appears on my dock, in the taskbar section, as a running app. Not a major problem, I know, but I'd like very much to save the space it takes. Do you know if there is any option for this?

Also, the panel doesn't seem to work exactly like when I use the Unity environment: when I maximize the windows their taskbars don't "merge" with the panel. I mean, they have their own taskbars below the panel, and this was the Unity feature I loved the most. Can I fix it?

And, one last thing: can I have an environment composed of CairoDock + Unity Panel + Unity Dash, in the same way that I have an environment consisting of Cairo + Unity Panel?

Thank you very much.

Frogs Hair
September 19th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Unity and Cairo Dock can be run together, but they don't share the same features and may conflict . From previous posts it seems there have been conflicts regarding open/running applications and where the icons appear. To auto-hide the Unity panel on 12.10 or 13.04 open appearance and behavior to set auto-hide. Being that the dock and Unity are separate they won't integrate.