PDA

View Full Version : "visually immersive processing power"

vasa1
September 19th, 2013, 03:35 AM
The laptops will be priced starting at 3,799CNY and will include between 500 GB and 1 TB of storage, fast, powerful and visually immersive processing power as well as DVD drive, wi-fi and six cell batteries. The laptops will be on sale at stores from 16 September.
http://insights.ubuntu.com/news/hp-releases-ubuntu-loaded-machines-in-1500-stores-in-china/

mastablasta
September 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
great. this part is very important:
Over 4,000 in-store sales staff have also been trained to use and demo Ubuntu to help explain the benefits

they sel HP Probooks here with SUSE preloaded and some with Ubuntu and some good Dell Inspirons with Ubuntu.

Suse linux is rubish. no thte operating system but the way they sell it you basically get a demo installed. if only they sell with repos enabled and activated and with at least 1 year plan or whatever they have. the OS is stable and interface is nice (modified old gnome i think). i don't think this is a way for a linux to come to consumer. so i kind of like it that they started selling a few of these probooks with Ubuntu. the laptops are nicely made.