PDA

View Full Version : Different compiz and emerald settings for different sessions

socraticum2
September 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Hi, I'm using Lubuntu and I've created other sessions besides the standard "Lubuntu" and "Lubuntu netbook". I'd like to use different compiz and emerald settings or profiles for each session. Is it possible? If I log into a session and I change compiz or emerald settings, they change for every other session. Thanks for help.

Frogs Hair
September 18th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hello and Welcome

I believe that if all sessions are under one user name the settings will stay the same under that user profile. I haven't used Compiz with Lubuntu though. Try creating a new user name/password and see what happens . You can always remove the user if it doesn't work.

socraticum2
October 3rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hello and Welcome

I believe that if all sessions are under one user name the settings will stay the same under that user profile. I haven't used Compiz with Lubuntu though. Try creating a new user name/password and see what happens . You can always remove the user if it doesn't work.

Thaks, but I'd like to create, if possibile, a different sessions not a different user profile. If I could create two o more sessions, every user could open lubuntu with the session he prefers, like it happens now with "lubuntu" session and "lubuntu netbook" session.
Maybe I should create a script a put it in the autostart options. But I don't know how to write it to manage compiz and activate a compiz profile.

Frogs Hair
October 3rd, 2013, 11:18 PM
It is possible to export and import profiles in Compiz which I have done and that may be a staring point . I don't think it would be an easy thing to do , but not impossible . ;)