PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bug with ubuntu 13.04 ?

machiel-4
September 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Good day guys

I am not really sure where to post this as I am not really 100% on what is actually wrong.

I have upgraded from ubuntu 12.04 on my laptop to 13.04 as my wireless was not working under 12.04 even after adding the relevant kernel modules.

Since the upgrade , my wireless and everything has been working fine except for one small frustration that I can not seem to figure out.

- At least once or twice a day, while working, my mouse "click" functionality will sieze to work.
- everything elese seems to still be working as long as I use the keyboard.
- I can move my mouse pointer around and even when dragging it to the left top corner (running gnome) it acts as expected, however I am not able to click on anything.

This is usually fixed after a reboot, but it is frustrating to be in the middle of some work and then suddenly having to reboot because of this.

I have been perusing all possible log files I can imagine but can not seem to find any errors or indications on what is happening.

I have spoken to at least 2 other people running 13.04 and they seem to be experiencing the exact same problem on different hardware which already takes my suspicions away from possible hardware issues.

Is there anyone who may have had this issue before and whom have been able to fix it?

Also the problem occurs at random intervals. I have not been able to link a specific time, use of specific software or feature, etc... to this problem as it just happens randomly. Sometimes once a day, other times up to 4 or 5 times a day but it is in fact happening at least every day.

I would really appreciate the help here.

b.t.w. I am running ubuntu 13.04 with Gnome Desktop on a toshiba Notebook.

regards

:confused::confused::confused: