PDA

View Full Version : Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Ultimatefry
September 9th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Yep, it's a magical girl anime, and I love it.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is an anime about true temptation. A creature named Kyubey can grant you one wish; of course, this comes with a price. Be careful what you wish for...

sena-akada
September 9th, 2013, 02:29 AM
I wish for a big fast fish.. : )

deadflowr
September 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I liked that show, somewhat, too.
Only watched it once, so maybe a refresher is in order.
Kyubey is a <place mean words here>.

I must have liked it enough to name one of my Ubuntu installs Madoka-Kaname.

It does have one of the best deaths ever, though.

evilsoup
September 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Whoa, I just finished watching this show last night, and then I log on here and see this thread. Synchronicity.

Anyway yeah it's pretty great, I'd consider it an almost perfect show (as in: well-realised characters, logical but not obvious plot, strong themes). Except for the 'oh sure Madoka, I'll let you, my 14-year-old daughter, run around during around a hurricane because you asked me to trust you in a vague way'. Mother of the year, lol.

Favourite line: 'It'd be like one of those stories where love and courage triumph and stuff.'

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
September 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Am I the only one who does not have a problem with Kyubey, the creature is quite logical.
I will remind you who did not ask for the details/fine print.
they were told how magical girls are created, they should have asked how witches were created.

evilsoup
September 9th, 2013, 04:08 PM
You might have a point if Kyubey was dealing with adults rather than children, or if he didn't consider humans to be livestock, or if his reaction to the fact that the Earth was about to explode wasn't 'oh well, we've fulfilled out quota for this world'. Or if he didn't try so hard to manipulate Madoka to the extent of sending the others off to their deaths just to force her into making a contract. There's such a thing as a duty of care.

However, he was a very good, very alien alien, even if I don't actually buy his explanation that his people don't have emotions.

Ultimatefry
September 9th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I believe that he came here with no emotions, but being here so long, he did adapt a small change. When part of his plans were foiled by Homura, you could hear the slightest, eeriest change of tone in his voice.

Also, I think he may be the only one of his kind...