PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No progress bar for unread mail across Thunderbird launcher

rowan-berkeley
September 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM
The progress bar is a horizontal black bar across the launcher with a crawling indicator (as upon the updates launcher) or with a number (as for unread mail items). This feature was implemented in 12.10 ("Quantal Quetzal"), but it vanished in 13.04 ("Raring Ringtail"). I regard this as a fault, and a very annoying one, since this indicator for unread email was visible right across the room and was persistent, which made it ideally convenient. I've tried to pursue it as a bug on Launchpad, but I don't think I'm being taken seriously. The developers who use Launchpad do not have much time for things they regard as trivia. But to me it isn't trivial. First of all they told me it would be fixed as part of a recent larger scale bug fix, but it was unaffected by that fix, and so I re-reported it a month ago in a fresh bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/1208719
So far none of them have bothered to even assess the report and assign it to a category.