PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] PCManFM not loading

matt_w2
September 7th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Hi All,

I recently upgraded my Lubuntu 12.04 box to 12.10, then 13.04. It seemed to go reasonably well, however PCManFM no longer loads. If I VNC into the machine (or connect a monitor to it) I can get a desktop up, but with no background image and if I click on the PCManFM icon nothing loads.

I attempted to run it via a terminal, and got the following:

pcmanfm: error while loading shared libraries: libmenu-cache.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As far as I can tell libmenu-cache.so.1 is part of libmenu-cache1, which no longer exists in 13.04 - I did grab a .deb of it from 12.04 and installed it but it made no difference, PCManFM didn't get an error anymore but it still wouldn't load (Not that I was expecting it to). I've tried removing then installing as many of the lxde and lubuntu-desktop packages as I can find, but still no joy. I suspect there's something from 12.04 still floating around on the system somewhere but I've no idea what.. does anyone have any suggestions? I have a feeling I could do with reinstalling the entire desktop 'experience' but I can't see an easy way to do this..

mc4man
September 8th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Were you previously using pcmanfm from a ppa in 12.04/.10?
What's this show

apt-cache policy pcmanfm

You could try a
sudo apt-get purge pcmanfm
then update sources & re-install