PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Display is gone after putting KDE to sleep.

BlacklightHalo
September 5th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I just logged in to my KDE desktop and after a little working and socializing and other usual things, I tried to put it to "sleep" with Fn+f2. The system went down for its little nap, and I got a bad feeling (Linux has been a real drag for me so far on any computer I've tried installing it) so I called it back up again. The monitor now tells me there is no input signal, even though the tower is clearly lit up and working. I tried hitting a few buttons to make it refresh itself again, but no dice. From what I can tell, something about the video/graphics configuration got messed up during the "sleep mode" operation. Of course, without being able to see what I'm doing, I don't have a hope of fixing it on my own.

I am very, very, very, extremely frustrated. I *just* got this thing working again! Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

And ideally, I'd like to be able to do normal things with my computer (sleep mode, desktop effects, etc) without disaster inevitably ensuing. Is there something, or a list of somethings I need to do to make this thing be stable?

QIII
September 5th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Hi!

Can you give us a little information about the machine, particularly the graphics and driver you are using?

BlacklightHalo
September 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM
All I know about the computer is that it's an HP model (but reads at the login screen as a Dell-something) and the sticker which I assume is the model name says "E2 Vision." I've no idea what kind of graphics card it has.

BlacklightHalo
September 20th, 2013, 01:56 AM
This seems to have been a hardware issue. It mysteriously started working again after I sent the computer in to be serviced. They ran diagnostics on it, told me there was nothing wrong with the hardware and gave it back, I brought it home and it was just working on its own again. Strange, but in any case this seems to be done. I'll close this thread. Thanks for your help.