PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Can't click menu buttons behind (xubuntu) xfce4 pannel/menus too big on netbook

eliot4
September 4th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I have noticed some window menus are too big to display on my HP Mini 110 netbook running xubuntu. I have the translucent xfce4 pannel running on the bottom of the screen, and even when I move the window so I see the button I was to press (continue, exit, save, etc.) I cannot click them because technically they are behind the pannel. Besides shrinking my pannel which makes my icons really small, is there any other solution to this problem? Also, the windows will not resize any smaller than they currently are.

here is a screenshot of the problem

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/mywytefeet/Screenshot-09032013-093009PM_zps08df4d4d.png

Toz
September 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums.

A couple of suggestions:
1. You can hold down the Alt key then with your mouse, grab and move the window up so you can access the buttons.
2. You could move the lower panel to either the left or right of the screen (set the Panel Mode property to "Deskbar") so that it frees up the space at the bottom. This will orient the panel vertically (up down) along the side of the screen instead of horizontally. Works well on the newer widescreen monitor resolutions.

eliot4
September 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I wish I could just shrink the window a bit, since it does let you stretch it out (just not make it any smaller.) At any rate, the holding down alt and scooting the window up works well enough for a temporary fix. The only issue with that is the top part of the window is not behind the top panel and not clickable, but for me, this is less of an issue.

Thanks!