PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Fuzzy login screen

pianist16
September 4th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I'm experiencing a weird problem with Xubuntu recently. I had Xubuntu 12.10 installed on my desktop for some months, and sometimes, when it boots and shows the login screen, instead of displaying the default wallpaper, I get a fuzzy screen, just like an analog TV. At that time I thought I'd probably messed something up with lightdm so I didn't care.
But a week ago I decided to do a fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04 on my desktop, and for my surprise, it's happening again! It's not every time, I guess around 50% of the times I turn the desktop on it happens. If I try logging out the default splash wallpaper works fine.

I just took a picture with my cellphone (I guess I can't just print on the login screen?) so you guys can take a look at it:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gv6lhu.jpg

Just remebering it doesn't happen all the time, that's what make it weird. I have no clue on how to fix that. It's a fresh install and I didn't changed anything related to lightdm or something. Any ideas?

Mr.Dunham
September 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Well, there seems to be something weird going on with Xubuntu, I thought I was the only one getting a similar problem.

I've been trying Ubuntu and Xubuntu (both 12.04) on the same computer during the last few weeks, and every time I tried to install Xubuntu, it just froze and hung up, I had to press the Reset button 3 or 4 times until it actually started installation. Ubuntu didn't do it, just happened to me under Xubuntu. So I guess it is related to the installation process.