PDA

View Full Version : Resize windows

bikeman01
August 31st, 2013, 10:30 PM
Which clown designed the resize windows action. You're giving me rsi.

bkline
September 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
I'm going to guess you're referring to the fact that some (all?) of the windows managers (xfce in my case) have made the area for grabbing the corner of a window for resizing the window very tiny. I agree that this can be pretty frustrating. One thing I've noticed is that it's worst for the lower left and right corners. The hot spot for the upper corners are more forgiving. I've seen lots of complaints about the problem [1], but I've never come across any justification for the decision to make it this hard.

[1] For example: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1985835.html

bikeman01
September 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yup that's exactly what I am saying. I was expecting some flak for the brevity/negativity of my post so it's nice to get your reply but I stand by my comment - resizing windows is a bloodly nightmare. Please please please can devs change it in next release.

deadflowr
September 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I don't know what DE you're using, but in unity, alt + middle mouse click makes resizing a little easier, as you can have the mouse in a more general area of the screen to resize, rather than in a pinpoint location at the corner of the window.

But yeah, agree, resizing is a wee bit tedious.