PDA

View Full Version : VOTE: New Admin for forums

bonzodog
July 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I'm not going to do this as a poll as there are currently 15 moderators.

So, who would you want to become a new admin to replace kassetra?

The only rule is, it has to be an existing Moderator.

My vote is for King Bahamut.

if you aren't sure of who holds mod or staff positions go to : http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php

oh and I put this in the Cafe as it has the greater majority of the users reading it.

dabear
July 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Please tell me why kassetra quit? And what's the difference between an admin and a moderator? Shouldn't the remaining admins decide this issue?

RAV TUX
July 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not going to do this as a poll as there are currently 15 moderators.

So, who would you want to become a new admin to replace kassetra?

The only rule is, it has to be an existing Moderator.

My vote is for King Bahamut.

if you aren't sure of who holds mod or staff positions go to : http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php

oh and I put this in the Cafe as it has the greater majority of the users reading it.

Edit: I hold on my vote for clarification.

also you can set up a detrave poll with up to 16 different choices:
http://polls.detrave.net/

bonzodog I don't see you listed as an administrator? please explain.

Kernel Sanders
July 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Since when was it any of our business how this forum was run?

Why did kassetra quit though? :confused:

P.S = If I have to vote, my vote goes to KiwiNZ ;)

ComplexNumber
July 16th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Please tell me why kassetra quit? And what's the difference between an admin and a moderator? Shouldn't the remaining admins decide this issue?
there are 3 levels:
-supermoderator
-admin

a moderator can't ban, and only has access to various forums. supermoderator can ban, has access to all forums, and has most of the facilities that an admin has...except that the supermoderator can't save the changes. for example, in the moderator/admin control panel, it will show everything about the user's settings and profile (except their password). however, the supermoderator cannot change any of that because there is no way to save it. so whilst, for example, a supermoderator can change a persons usertitle, only an admin has the facility to save the changes for them to take effect.
admins can also make changes on the boards layout - moderators and supermoderators can't.

i dare say the moderators and admin will discuss it between themselves, if they feel there is a need to. if kassetra brought some special skills (eg designer, coder, etc), then she may need to be replaced with someone else who has her skillset.

gingermark
July 16th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I agree. This assumes that all the mods actually want the job, and that we are the ones who should decide.

Can anyone confirm if either are true?

Imexius
July 16th, 2006, 09:39 PM
My vote is for KingBahamut, enough said.

RAV TUX
July 16th, 2006, 09:41 PM
If this legitimate set up a poll:

http://polls.detrave.net/

benplaut
July 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
First of all, an explanation would be nice for what happened to kassetra... has she decided to stay on that deserted sunny island, and get rid of the wifi?

I think it should be a choice between the current mods and admins -- they know each other best.

bonzodog
July 16th, 2006, 09:43 PM
All I am trying to is gauge current opinion, and find out what the users think about potentially replacing kassetra in the administrator position. The actual vote, will no doubt be discussed amongst the mods in their little staff area. I thought it would be only fair to get an opinion of who the users think should take the job, if offered.
I am not sure of what happened to kassetra, al I know is that she was removed.

ComplexNumber
July 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I thought it would be only fair to get an opinion of who the users think should take the job, if offered. being an admindis not the same as being a mod. being an admin depends more upon their skillset. being a mod depends more upon their temperament (and sometimes knowedge, but rarely so).

i'm sure if kassetra want to say her reasons, she will do so. but i think its polite not to ask because its really none of anyones business except those of the other admin.