PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Application for panel Applets??

BarryD9545
August 29th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just reinstalled 13.04 and gnome fallback.

In the previous installation I had an app that would list applications - applets for the panel in my case - and greatly simplified searching and installing, not to mention re-installing and removing.

Could someone that recognizes this application from my shoddy description remind me what it was and how I got it?

Thanks!

stinkeye
August 30th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Not sure what you mean but in 13.04 to add applets to the panel in fallback
you need to alt+super+Rclick on the panel.

ibjsb4
August 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
You may find that "Alt + Right Click" will work for you.

If your talking about extra panel icons, then install "indicator-applet-complete".

Frogs Hair
August 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
There was a drawer applet in which a number of application applets could be stored on the panel in a drop down menu , but I don't see it in the add to panel list or synaptic .

ibjsb4
August 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM
There was a drawer applet in which a number of application applets could be stored on the panel in a drop down menu , but I don't see it in the add to panel list or synaptic .

It was done away with in gnome-classic, but Unity has it. I tried installing it in the classic session, got it on my panel but it wouldn't work :(

Frogs Hair
August 31st, 2013, 01:06 AM
I used Drawer in Gnome 2-10.10 and I don't log into classic that much ,so I had to check for it .

BarryD9545
August 31st, 2013, 05:35 PM
It wasn't an applet, or the Meta-RClick menu, but a full application for Browsing/Installing/Upgrading/Removing them.

ibjsb4
August 31st, 2013, 06:43 PM
It wasn't an applet, or the Meta-RClick menu, but a full application for Browsing/Installing/Upgrading/Removing them.

Synaptic Package Manager (https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=synaptic+package+manager+ubuntu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) ?

sudo apt-get install synaptic

Frogs Hair
August 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM

Excuse me , I was side tracked by the title a bit. I would agree that synaptic fits the description.

BarryD9545
September 1st, 2013, 03:35 AM
Synaptic it was, and is again!

Thank you gentlemen, and my apologies for not giving a better description of the application, I just didn't know how.

Cheers!
(is there a 'thanks' button around here?)