PDA

View Full Version : Idea for removing icons from the Unity launcher

MaZaMo
August 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
I came up with an idea that would be cool to see in a future release of Ubuntu. Currently you remove icons from the Unity launcher by right click > Unlock from Launcher. What if there was another option where you could drag the icon into the Trash to remove it? Does anyone agree that would be cool? :P

MaZaMo
August 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
This is also better for if you have a touchscreen...

3rdalbum
August 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I came up with an idea that would be cool to see in a future release of Ubuntu. Currently you remove icons from the Unity launcher by right click > Unlock from Launcher. What if there was another option where you could drag the icon into the Trash to remove it? Does anyone agree that would be cool? :P

I just implemented this feature and added it retrospectively to 12.04 and above. You don't even need to run system updates or anything, I just magically patched everybody's systems using voodoo. Try it now!

(you have to drag the icon outwards from the Launcher as though you were changing its position, then drag it to the trash. It will be gone from the Launcher)

MaZaMo
August 25th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Sweet, it works! :)

3rdalbum
August 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Of course it works, didn't you think I'd test my patches before sending them out with Ubuntu voodoo? :-P

germanix
August 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Wow!, that is some strong voodoo magic you got there. Even works on my desktop and I do not even have Unity installed (Xubuntu). Think you can also make a voodoo patch that will allow me to drag my boss into the trash and then make him disappear for good? That will be just awesome!

deadflowr
August 25th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I just implemented this feature and added it retrospectively to 12.04 and above. You don't even need to run system updates or anything, I just magically patched everybody's systems using voodoo. Try it now!

(you have to drag the icon outwards from the Launcher as though you were changing its position, then drag it to the trash. It will be gone from the Launcher)

All right!!!
Thanks for the fix.:p