PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox very buggy in 13.04

neuman1812
August 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
So I just upgraded to 13.04 Base install with nothing extra. Firefox 23.0

The Close/Minimize/Window buttons on firefox dont work, and the general environment is slow to respond. Clicking on links takes 10-15 secs to open, there is a delay when changing tabs. Overall the speed is very slow compared to the 12.04 environment.

Is this a know bug? I havent been able to find anything on it.

vasa1
August 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
So I just upgraded to 13.04 Base install with nothing extra. Firefox 23.0

The Close/Minimize/Window buttons on firefox dont work, and the general environment is slow to respond. Clicking on links takes 10-15 secs to open, there is a delay when changing tabs. Overall the speed is very slow compared to the 12.04 environment.

Is this a know bug? I havent been able to find anything on it.

What is a "base install"? Is it like a minimal install?
Is Firefox the only program that doesn't show the "Close/Minimize/Window buttons"?
What do you mean by "the general environment is slow to respond"? Are other programs slow as well?
Can you provide some details about your set-up? CPU? RAM? Graphics?

I'm not noticing any degraded performance of any program in 13.04 relative to 12.04 or 12.10.

hg-knight
August 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
firefox is buggy on all my installs. Ubuntu,Windows Elementary.
try another browser.
FF is becoming a little bloated

erasmusp
August 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
I don't know if you installed the latest Java plugin into your Firefox but I found that to be a problem on a number of PCs where I have done it. Symptoms were similar as you described - FF slow and hanging while the rest of the environment responded fine. I had to back step one revision on Java to cure this problem.